Re: [Exim] callout suggestion

Góra strony
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Dla: 'Exim-users'
Temat: Re: [Exim] callout suggestion
On 2004-02-13 Eli <eli-list@???> wrote:
> Ian Toogood wrote:
> > I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem with
> > MX's that reject MAIL FROM: <> being blocked
> >
> > Was there anything resolved regarding this issue - the callout
> > verification stops a LOT of spam, and I am unwilling to turn it off

[...]
> Or I could be entirely off base with what this thread is about - in which
> case ignore me :)

You are, the "problem" is this: Your server receives mail from foo@1
to bar@yourdomain and wants to check foo@1 for validity. - Exim
contacts the mx and sends
mail from:<>
rcpt to:<foo@1>
quit

If the mx rejects nullsenders at all, this fails for all addresses
@foo, so you have to diesable callout for @foo.

Phil has said quite clearly that he is not going to change callback to
(optionally) use something else but the null sender for callbacks, the
danger of breakage (loops) is too big.
             cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"