Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Walt Reed
Para: Chris Bayliss
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 02:39:16PM +0000, Chris Bayliss said:
> Why not just route the email through the ISP's mail relays? Its
> fairly easy to do with exim.

There are many reasons why someone would not want to do this, including
the need to reconfigure your laptop every time you are at home, on the
road, at the office, etc.

There is also the fact that many ISP's mail servers suck (Verizon is a
very good example of this.)

Using RFC2487 over port 587 also give remote office users the ability to
send messages that may be confidential to others in their organization
securely - things you may not want to send over the public internet.

Of course he can also use a VPN, but this may be overkill. Sometimes you
don't want random remote machines fully connecting to your network (think
blaster.)