Re: [Exim] Do any one have soft copy of Exim book

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Do any one have soft copy of Exim book
On Tuesday 10 February 2004 01:55 am, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I have forwarded this thread to the publisher. As Nigel said, they
> are a small company. However, if they had not agreed to publish the
> book, there wouldn't be an Exim 4 book at all because O'Reilly did
> not want to do it.

My fairly educated guess is that O'Reilly simply didn't sell enough
copies of the original Exim book to feel comfortable with a second
edition to cover Version 4.

I'm very happy you found a publisher. Though I found the book
expensive, especially compared to the O'Reilly edition, I, too, find it
worth it's weight in gold.

I can imagine that in some countries, perhaps India among them, the
wages paid are low enough (in pounds) that the book seems quite
expensive.

Yet I'd still vote against a low-priced eBook edition, because it would
cannibalize sales, and make it even less likely that a publisher would
be willing to produce a third edition, to cover Exim 5.

My us$0.02 worth <smile>.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation