Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25

Author: kmb
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25
You really have two problems here. The first is user's being able to
connect to your server to send email. and then exim's outbound
connection to send/receive email.

I'm going to make a few assumptions here.

1) you are using a SMART host that will listen to port 26
2) ALL of your users have configured there clients to talk to port 26
not port 25
3) you are recieving your internet mail via a MX host that knows to
talk to you via port 26.

I personally use both on a few of my servers because I force
authentication, and when you travel many hotels are now inteceprting
SMTP port 25 traffic and sending it to there server ( and there is not
auth there ) so clients can not send mail, So for those users I have
port 26 open.

in the main config section add

Code:
--------------------

local_interfaces = 0.0.0.0.25:0.0.0.0.26

--------------------

that will listen on both 25 and 26

Kevin

--
kmb

Kevin Barrett
Administrator -- Exim-Users.org Portal And Forums
Exim-users email list to forum gateway
Come Join us at 'The Exim-Users Forums' (http://www.exim-users.org)

kmb's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1
View this thread: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=955