[Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25

Author: Joe
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Getting around my isp when they block port 25
Hi all. I have tried and failed to figure this out.
First off, I use 3.35-1woody2.

Eastlink(Canada) has blocked all outgoing port 25 requests in an effort to
stop the spread of spam and other email issues for home users. This means
that we can't use our work email to send emails anymore, unless our work
runs email on another port. Anyway, what I need to do is find out how to
make exim send all email through local port 26 not 25(which I have
tunneled to another server). The reason I need exim to send mail through
port 26 is because when I use stuff like mailx or other email tools like
it, exim just sends it using port 25 and the emails don't make it.

Does this make sense?

--
Joe

***
I can only please one person a day.
Today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either.
***