Re: [Exim] Selective spam filtering

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Selective spam filtering
On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 11:55:26AM +0000, Chris Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Tony Finch wrote:
> | MBM told me about this trick on Monday evening in the context of dealing
> | with different policies between postmaster and other recipients. I like
> | it :-)
> I'm pretty sure it was Philip that first suggested the idea, long before
> it was even possible. Then, when "defer" ACLs were introduced, someone
> else ( can't remember who sorry ) posted a recipe.

It's an old and fairly obvious trick, especially for someone that knows and
understands SMTP well, and wants policy decisions that can only happen at
final-dot time, but without having to generate bounces. I believe that SAUCE
has been doing it for some time.

The recipes for doing what you need are then left as an exercise for the
reader. :-)

MBM