Re: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim

Autor: Jason Gerfen
A: Richard Welty
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim
Richard Welty wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:28:10 -0700 Jason Gerfen <jason.gerfen@???> wrote:
>

>>sendmail_path = /usr/exim/bin/exim -t -odq
>>

>ok, you don't have to have -i but it might be a good idea.
>

>>I have also tried to make a symbolic link from the sendmail file to
>>point to the exim binary with no luck. For my mail the simple php code.
>><?php
>>$to = "email@???";
>>$sub = "Subject line";
>>mail($to,$sub,$_POST['$msg']);
>>?>
>>

>i don't think you have an exim problem here, and maybe not really
>a php problem.
>
>i have always used mail() as a 4 argument function and passed the
>last arg as "" unless i wanted to add headers with it. i've never seen
>it work with 3 args, but then i've never tried it either.
>
>richard
>--
>Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???
>Averill Park Networking                                         518-573-7592
>    Java, PHP, PostgreSQL, Unix, Linux, IP Network Engineering, Security

>--

I tried a couple of changes in my php.ini and my php code to use exim
using the mail() function and this is the error I am now recieving.
*Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: mail() in
*/usr/local/www/htdocs/dhcp/email.php* on line *8
php.ini

sendmail_path = /usr/exim/bin/exim -t -i

and my php code...
mail(test@???,subject,contents,server@???");

*

--
Jason Gerfen

"... well, actually, I am more like a sheep in wolves clothing."
                            ~ me