[Exim] Fail to manualroute on defer

Author: Bryan Heitman
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Fail to manualroute on defer

Anyone have any ideas to achieve this?

With the following standard router below I am looking to move on to the next router or a specified router when a deferral of a message occurs at the smtp level.

Per the documentation, smtp does its own refer handling and I have been unable to locate or come up with any idea that would work.

If this is not possible at the time of refer then I would like to set a condition that a message has been deferred in the past so that a router before dnslookup: could handle the message rather than dnslookup below.

Ultimately I am looking to use the manualroute driver to gateway my mail to another SMTP server should a defer occur at the smtp level.

Standard default dnslookup router below:

dnslookup:
driver =nslookup
domains = +local_domains
transport =emote_smtp
ignore_target_hosts =.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
no_more

Thanks for all the help! :)

Bryan