Re: [Exim] About this list

Author: Brian Dessent
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] About this list
kmb wrote:

> If anyone has the Emails in some form that still contains the original
> email header information, I might be able to massage them into the SQL
> database and make the whole history searchable.
>
> The postings are also kept in context by subject, with a new Thead for
> each Subject, so it is some what easier to see the contex of a single
> posting after locating it via the Search.

You could either politely spider marc.theaimsgroup.com for the
exim-users messages, e.g. with wget and a delay between requests. Or
you could suck down the archive from Yahoogroups.com with the
"yahoo2mbox" script. I don't know how complete yahoo's archive is since
marc.theaimsgroup.com is so much better. But that script does a
remarkable job of producing a valid mbox file from yahoo's web archives,
complete with de-obfuscated email addresses, mostly correct headers, and
yahoo advertising footers removed.

Brian