RE: [Exim] About this list

Góra strony
Autor: The Prejudiciously Configured Exim User's Mailing List
Dla: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Boyle Owen, Exim User's Mailing List
Temat: RE: [Exim] About this list
[ On Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 15:31:35 (+0000), Nigel Metheringham wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [Exim] About this list
>
> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 15:06, Boyle Owen wrote:
> > I agree - whenever I reply to this list (which isn't often) I hit
> > "reply-to all" then delete the individual address leaving only the list
> > address. A bit of a pain and contrary to every other list I'm subscribed
> > to.
>
> I hit "reply to list" - works for me, except when people poison it by
> forcing reply-to.

When the sender does it then that's not "poisoning" -- that's our choice
(at least both Philip and I do this on this list, and many others do the
same on many other lists).

I do not ever want CCs of replies to the list. Setting reply-to to
point to the list eliminates this major problem.

> > There is however a big-endian vs. little-endian debate about which way
> > is best and I recall a bit of a flame war they last time anyone
> > mentioned changing it. No doubt the reasons will be forthcoming...
>
>      1. I believe reply-to: the list is fundementally wrong

It's only wrong for the list to over-ride reply-to:.

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>