Re: AW: [Exim] About this list

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Richard Welty
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: AW: [Exim] About this list
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:28:58 +0100 SH Solutions <info@???> wrote:
> Not when the it's the MTA replying. That would happen when your message
> has bounced. The bounced message should go to the agent that sent it, not
> some arbitrary address set in the "reply-to" header.

> First, why didn't you send the answer to the list?

> Second, okay. I talked about MUAs. I understand this for MTAs.

it's more than just about MTAs, it's about auto responders like
vacation programs that do silly things like ignore Precedence: bulk
headers and broadcast out-of-office messages to the entire
known universe (and the dumbest ones do it over and over and
over again.)

i believe that there is a somewhat broken vacation autoresponder
that does some of these things built into a recent version of M$
Outhouse (ask for it by name).

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???