Re: [Exim] About this list

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Steve Lamb
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] About this list
David Woodhouse wrote:
> Again consider the failure modes. One way round, you rudely exclude a
> person from a discussion they wanted to participate in. The other way,
> someone gets an extra mail or two which they could do without. Which
> failure mode is it more important to avoid?

     Or to look at it another way.

     In one mode you're not contributing to the spamming of an active
participant.  In the other you are.

     I'm sorry, but the list is there to do the distribution.  If a person
posts to the list and expects a reply then it is rude of them to expect the
other person to CC them.  The presumption, rightly so, is that they posted to
the list, they're reading the list and unless requested no CC is needed since
they'll get the mail, most times, a few seconds or minutes later.

> It _would_ be nice if a poster could indicate their preference
> automatically, so that a respondent's MUA _automatically_ either
> includes the original post in the Cc or not, as desired -- I think
> that's what Mail-Followup-To: was supposed to achieve, wasn't it?

     Not sure on that one, haven't read any documentation on it.