[Exim] Exim and MySQL

Author: Axel Hollanda
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim and MySQL
Hi, folks,
      I have iain's patch configured on my qmail server for mysql entry
query and I want to migrate to Exim, using the same sql tables.
Anyone of you know this patch (http://iain.cx/qmail/mysql/) ? I'm still
trying to figure out how it works, I have just an idea right now, that
looks just like this:

alias table:

+----------+-------+----------------+------------+
| username | alias | alias_username | alias_host |

+----------+-------+----------------+------------+

How I *think* it works:

   If username = alias
      seek next column
          alias = x;
         where it points to? x@host redirects mails to alias_username@host
   Ok, looks like it's correct.
   Now lets move to something a bit more complicated:

   - What if... we have x as alias_username?
      the patch seems to do recursive lookups

,---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^                                                                   |
      username?  alias --->> alias_username

        (other)

             | alias_host = /Maildir/? -->> Houston, we've got a real
user.                |

             seek_next_column ->> alias

    I'll try to translate now this awful ascii art(?!@#$&*^@):
    if username = alias seek for alias_username and check if it's a
valid login in username column, how do I know it's a real login?
alias_host appears to be /Maildir/*/*/*/* or something like that, at
least every time I see a valid login that's what a I got.
        Now we have to lookup next column: alias, check if its a real
user again.. and loop lewp loopz...
    else check alias_host for /Maildir/*/*/*...

I'll appreciate if someone could at least give me a hint about the
configuration files and lines for something like that (the queries I mean)

Cheers,

--
Axel Hollanda
ahollanda@???