Re: [Exim] About this list

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Nigel Wade
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] About this list
On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 14:25, Nigel Wade wrote:
> Am I going mad? I can't find the page which allows this list to be searched.
> Has it gone? I wanted to search on a topic but it's not really feasible to
> trawl through several hundred individual weekly digests.

Use google. Add a site:exim.org
There was a search facility on the machine, but the machine has
insufficient horsepower to maintain the indexes any more (its only a
basic Pentium).

> On an entirely unrelated issue, would it be possible to add a reply-to:
> header to messages sent by this list pointing back to the list so the
> default reply action is to the list rather than to the individual who posted
> the message? It's the norm for most mailing lists so that answers end up in
> the archive.

Over my dead body.
Real MUAs solve this problem without usurping headers intended for other
purposes and breaking individual replies.

    Nigel.