[Exim] Updating CDB databases

Author: Richard Gilbert
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Updating CDB databases
Our aliases database (and "inverse aliases" database used for address
rewriting) are in CDB files which are updated from a snapshot of a MySQL
database every 15 minutes. I am starting to see problems with messages
being rejected because one or other of the CDB databases momentarily
disappears at the time of the update. cdbmake updates the database as an
atomic operation but this is not sufficient to prevent problems. I am
trying to think of cunning ways to circumvent the problem, which can cause
a few unlucky users to have their messages rejected, but before doing so I
thought I would ask how other people deal with this problem.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Richard
--
Richard Gilbert
Corporate Information and Computing Services