Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Chris Edwards
Para: Alun
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Alun wrote:

| The question is, how many mail systems bounce mail without including
| the headers? If the answer is low enough, we would end up not passing
| on any bounces that weren't in response to mail originating from our
| systems.

I've got a huge mailbox of (mostly mydoom-related) bounces sent to the
"mydoom-special" localparts:

    adam alex alice andrew

etc etc at certain domains where these do not correspond to any real user.

Unfortunately I'd say a large proportion (possibly majority) have no orig.
header info whatsoever :-(

Will try and get some better figures if time allows.

Is there any mileage in a scheme that:

(1) awards points if special tag not found

(2) awards more points if (1) holds AND evidence of headers IS found

In other words, the bounces that don't include headers effectively get
the "benefit of the doubt".

Clearly the issue of mail not sent thru the central hub applies.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service