Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dennis Davis
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?
>Subject: Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?
>From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???>
>To: "Alan J. Flavell" <a.flavell@???>
>Cc: Exim users list <exim-users@???>
>Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:56:29 +0000
>
>On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 14:26, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>> However, this isn't entirely without its problems, since some
>> ISPs are known to transparently divert their attempts to contact
>> our MTA's port 25, to the ISPs own MTA.
>
>I can't imagine who would be that evil... oh, hold on, yes I can! I
>implemented that for freeserve et all hosted by Energis. It was
>an hideously effective anti-spam (as in spam launched from our
>dial-ups) tool.

Yup, seen a few of those over the last year. I'll give the affected
users your email address :-)

Our servers give a reasonable (IMHO) multi-line error response in
cases such as this. And we've still had to explain it in words of
less than one syllable to several users. Grrr.

>The appropriate answer to that is to use SMA. I'd love comments on
>my message to the list yesterday on the subject.

Haven't had chance to read the RFC yet. However if you're accepting
authenticated connections on port 587 from the world at large,
you probably want a TLS connection. This would certainly be the
case for us. Usernames/passwords would be authenticated against
kerberos. I wouldn't want those passed in cleartext over the wire.