Re: [Exim] Require A records for host names in HELOs?

Autor: Fred Viles
A: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Require A records for host names in HELOs?
On 5 Feb 2004 at 1:20, Greg A. Woods wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] Require A records for ho":

| [ On Wednesday, February 4, 2004 at 17:19:22 (-0800), Fred Viles wrote: ]
| > Subject: Re: [Exim] Require A records for host names in HELOs? {Warning: possible flame war inducing content}
| > the next test insists that the connecting IP have a PTR
| > record with a name matching the HELO name

| That's not true at all.

| What I require is that IFF you have reverse DNS then it must be correct
| and complete, else I may believe you're spoofing your hostname.

That seems pretty close to what I wrote. Since I have valid reverse
DNS, I didn't know you would have accepted the message if I had no
PTR record.

| Broken reverse DNS is worse than no reverse DNS at all.

If you say so. We disagree on what constitutes "broken" reverse DNS.

- Fred