Re: [Exim] Skip SPAM check for SMTP Auth'd and local sent ma…

Author: Bradford Carpenter
To: Mark Seamans
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Skip SPAM check for SMTP Auth'd and local sent mail
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:17:34 -0600, Mark Seamans wrote:

>> Um...you can also use just *one* variable and simplify things a bit. It
>> will get set if either condition accepts the message in the rcpt acl.
>> It's getting late...
>
> Brad,
>
> I just want to clarify:
>
> I could add:
>
>   accept  domains = +local_domains
>              set acl_m1 = local

> -OR-
>
>   accept  authenticated = *
>              set acl_m2 = auth

Sorry, off trying to deal with a computer meltdown (a co-worker
installed a security patch emailed to them by Microsoft...you know the
rest of the story).

I was actually thinking more along the lines of the following in the
rcpt acl:

  accept  domains = +local_domains
             set acl_m1 = bypassspamcheck

  accept  authenticated = *
             set acl_m1 = bypassspamcheck

Then in the data acl, only one variable needs to be checked:

  warn   message = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
       condition = ${if eq{$acl_m1}{bypassspamcheck} {no} {yes}}
            spam = nobody:true

With this setup, the message will get tagged when it is accepted by any
condition in the rcpt acl for which you care to add the "set acl_m1"
line for bypassing the spam check.

As other responses to this message have pointed out, there are other
ways to accomplish the same thing. Tagging the messages when they are
accepted just fits in well with the way my exim.conf seems to flow, so
it tends to be the first method I think of.

Best regards,
Brad