Re: [Exim] Confusing myself with expansions

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Confusing myself with expansions
Alan Chandler wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 February 2004 02:29, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
>
> > It depends on how you build you local_domains host list.
> > Example:
> >  (untested but should work)
> > domainlist local_domains = domain1 : domain2 : \
> >     ${if
> eq{$sender_address_domain}{domain1}{$sender_address_domain}{}}
> Not sure what this does and how I should use this in the snipit below.
> would it be better as

It was more an example of the possibilities rather than a
'use it in production' example.

> domainlist local_domains_s = ${if eq{$sender_address_domain}{domain1}
> {$sender_address_domain}{}} : ${if eq{$sender_address_domain}{domain2}
> {$sender_address_domain}{}}
>
> For all domains in local_domains
>
> In which case I might as well put the if statement in the router.

depends on how you want to use it, if you are only wanting a one time
check then yes.

> Back to the original question - storing all the mail - perhaps better
> done via a filter?

That would be the 'better' approach if you already have a system filter.
But, like I said, that was just an example of just 'one' of the many
possibilities you have with exim :)
--

--EAL--