Re: [Exim] verify sender and smarthosts

Author: Dan Shoop
To: Nico Erfurth, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] verify sender and smarthosts
At 9:47 PM +0100 2/4/04, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>Alberto Tablado wrote:
>
>>First of all, add "no_verify" to your router to avoid using it when
>>verifying an address.
>>
>>Then, you can add a dnslookup drived router after "smartroute"
>>
>>this_router_verifies_addresses:
>> driver = dnslookup
>> domains = !+local_domains
>> transport = remote_smtp
>> verify_only
>>
>>It has the same conditions as "smartroute", except verification. If a
>>message is being verified, the "verify only" is used. In case of
>>delivery, the "no_verify" one.
>
>verify_only and no_more on this router should be enough, no need for
>no_verify in the smarthost-router.

Could you elaborate how the no_more helps here> It seems to work w/o it.

>But there is a problem with this setup. Servers which are checking for
>dialup-hosts will most probably refuse the sender-verification because
>of this. So the verify will fail for these hosts/domains.

My RCPT ACL actually does:

   warn !verify = sender/callout
        message = X-Exim-Sender-Verify: failed callout - $acl_verify_message

So the email doesn't get blindly rejected if it fails, it can be
scored differently or filtered.
--

-dhan

Dan Shoop                                              shoop@???
Consulting Internet Architect                              shoop@???
AIM: iWiring

pgp key fingerprint: FAC0 9434 B5A5 24A8 D0AF 12B1 7840 3BE7 3736 DE0B

iWiring designs and supports Internet systems and networks based on
Mac OS X, unix(tm), and Open Source applications technologies and
offers 24x7, guaranteed support to registered clients. How can we help?