Re: [Exim] verify sender and smarthosts

Author: Dan Shoop
To: Alberto Tablado, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] verify sender and smarthosts
At 9:26 PM +0100 2/4/04, Alberto Tablado wrote:
>El mié, 04-02-2004 a las 20:38, Dan Shoop escribió:
>> I have an exim 4.10 (I realize it's dated) running on a NAT'ed host
>> at my house. The network service is provided by my cable company, and
>> it's an IP in a "dialup block" so it get's blackholed by some sites.
>>
>> I've set up a smarthost using the following router entry:
>>
>>  smartroute:
>>     driver        = manualroute
>>     domains       = !+local_domains
>>     transport     = remote_smtp
>>     route_list    = * mail.optonline.net

>> which works fine, but I also want to 'verify sender/callout'. This
>> always succeeds since the verify sender request seems to go to my
>> smarthost which always accepts.
>>
>> It looks like what I need to do is somehow set up a separate route
>> for the verify sender but I'm not sure exactly how to do this.
>>
>> Could anyone point me in the right direction?
>
>First of all, add "no_verify" to your router to avoid using it when
>verifying an address.
>
>Then, you can add a dnslookup drived router after "smartroute"
>
>this_router_verifies_addresses:
> driver = dnslookup
> domains = !+local_domains
> transport = remote_smtp
> verify_only
>
>It has the same conditions as "smartroute", except verification. If a
>message is being verified, the "verify only" is used. In case of
>delivery, the "no_verify" one.

Thanks! That was exactly what I needed.
--

-dhan

Dan Shoop                                              shoop@???
Consulting Internet Architect                              shoop@???
AIM: iWiring

pgp key fingerprint: FAC0 9434 B5A5 24A8 D0AF 12B1 7840 3BE7 3736 DE0B

iWiring designs and supports Internet systems and networks based on
Mac OS X, unix(tm), and Open Source applications technologies and
offers 24x7, guaranteed support to registered clients. How can we help?