Re: [Exim] Debian Light to Heavy

Autor: Alexander Goeres
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Debian Light to Heavy
Hi Steffen!

I don't use exim4 yet, but the traditional Debian-Exim-packages were compiled
with very limited abilities for exim.
"Heavy" means obviously that much more of the exim features can be used
without the need to recompile exim..
Here's what "apt-cache show exim4-daemon-heavy" comes up with:

Exim (v4) is a fully featured MTA (Mail Transport Agent) that is rather
easier to configure than smail or sendmail. It is a drop-in
replacement for sendmail/mailq/rsmtp."
.
In addition to the features already supported by exim4-daemon-light this
version of the Exim daemon includes extra features such as LDAP, PostgreSQL
and MySQL data lookups, SPA SMTP authentication and embedded Perl
interpreter.
.
Additionally this package includes a plugin to use the embedded
Perl-interpreter for Exim's local_scan interface.
.
This package features the exiscan-acl patch
http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/ for integration of virus-scanners
and spamassassin."

Greetings,

Alexander

Am Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2004 18:02 schrieb SH Solutions:
> Hi
>
> I currently have exim4-daemon-light installed and it works great.
> Now I want to use clamav. I read on the list, that exiscan is included in
> the heavy-packet for debian (sarge).
>
> Therefor I'd like to switch. Can I easily uninstall the light and install
> the heavy-packet?
>
> What is the difference? (I havn't found this on the web.)
> Do I need to change my configs? (Apart from av-integration)
> Do I need to backup my config prior to switching?
>
> Any suggestions, plase ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steffen
>

> --