Re: [Exim] Debian Light to Heavy

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Debian Light to Heavy
On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 06:02:06PM +0100, SH Solutions wrote:
> I currently have exim4-daemon-light installed and it works great.
> Now I want to use clamav. I read on the list, that exiscan is included in
> the heavy-packet for debian (sarge).
>
> Therefor I'd like to switch. Can I easily uninstall the light and install
> the heavy-packet?

Yes.
apt-get install exim4-daemon-heavy &&\
apt-get remove --purge exim4-daemon-light

(The first command will uninstall -light *and* install -heavy
instead, the second one to make sure -light is not only "uninstalled"
but "purged".)

You can simply use aptitude or dselect, too.

> What is the difference? (I havn't found this on the web.)

http://packages.debian.org/exim4-daemon-heavy
or apt-cache show exim4-daemon-heavy

> Do I need to change my configs? (Apart from av-integration)
> Do I need to backup my config prior to switching?

No, no.
         cu andreas