Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4

Góra strony
Autor: Tim Jackson
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4
Hi Daniel, on Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:22:20 +0100 you wrote:

> Patrick von der Hagen wrote:
> > I agree, clamd is a stability-nightmare.
> Ah, yes, we had a script here, that did a "PING / PONG" test every
> minute, resulting in clamd being restarted nearly every minute or so.

In case you're interested and haven't heard about it, there is a rewrite
of clamd to use processes rather than threads which I haven't tried myself
yet but is supposedly more stable.

http://www.kyzo.com/nclamd/

From discussion on the clamav lists, it looks like this may be integrated
into the official ClamAV distro at some point soon. Head over to the list
archives at http://www.clamav.net/ml.html#pagestart for background info.

Tim