Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4

Góra strony
Autor: Jerry Nicholls
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4
On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 15:22, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

> I'm a littel bit surprised no one else here mentions such problems? Or
> do they have solutions I'm not aware of?

I've had this happen to our servers at least twice now, both times both
servers have clammed (sorry I couldn't resist) up within an hour or two
of each other. Restarting clamd on them worked for a few minutes up to
an hour or so and then died again.

In an effort to resolve this I've got clamav 0.60 and 0.65 running on
each server to see if one is more stable (Debian btw). One change I have
made that seems to make it more stable is to communicate via TCP sockets
rather than Unix ones. It really ought not to make a difference, but it
does as far as I can see.

It doesn't really appear to be load related as the first time they died
was as things were getting quieter (ie 5pm or later) just before
Christmass. The most recent time was just as the MyDoom virus was
picking up. At that time MyDoom was probably only 15% or so of our
email, it peaked at just over 30% - we were rejecting 70,000+ emails a
day ! So I can't see that it's load related.

Jerry.
--
Jerry Nicholls
Core Internet Systems Designer