Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4

Author: Steve Lamb
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4
Jim Archer wrote:
> If I have the exim-heavy package installed, do I also need the debian
> Exiscan package to make use of the exiscan-acl patch?

     No.  From apt-cache show exiscan:
Depends: exim

     From apt-cache show exim:
Version: 3.36-9.1

     The exiscan package is for Exim 3.x, not exim 4 so you do not need it.

     From apt-cache show exim4-daemon-heavy:
This package features the exiscan-acl patch
http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/ for integration of virus-scanners
and spamassassin.

     I'm not sure if that is in sarge (I either run unstable or stable here,
never testing) but I believe it should be.  If not, as others have mentioned,
there are backports available.

     Follow the document Tim(?) pointed to and just use the ACL recipies.
Supstitude any "use RPM to install..." with "Use aptitude/apt-get to
install..." and you should do fine.  However if you already have
exim4-daemon-heavy and clamd installed all you need are the ACL recipies.