Re: [Exim] Request for config modularity (Probably Wishlist

Author: kimoexim
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Request for config modularity (Probably Wishlist
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:13:38AM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
>> Instead of having one huge monolithic config file, with which I
>> sometimes get corn-fused as to exactly where I am in the file, I have
>> a "conf.d" directory with more directories such as:
>> acl, auth, main, retry, rewrite, router, transport

Sounds like apache when it used three files instead of one main config file.

Does Exim have the capability of using include files? If so, then the
above scenario could be setup very easily and either style of config
format could be used on any installation.

> I have sections global to all, then chunks of data seperated by the type
> of machine the config is to run on with html style
> '<CONFIG-TYPE> </CONFIG-TYPE>' where they need to be so the flow of the
> file is never broken as to when a partcular chunk is to be run. I even
> have the file fill-in machine specific information such as hostnames, or
> node numbers, etc, with <$CONFIG> statements 'host_name=<$CONFIG>'.
> Some, or most would find this terribly confussing but i like it very
> much as I have lots of machines that are the same as for OS build, but
> need to do different things. This way I can just roll out one master
> file to all and not worry about it.

I would like to see this file and your scripts. I have several servers
that have basically identical setups except for hostnames, IP address,
etc. That type of setup would help me alot.

Thanks
Kimo