Re: [Exim] Can we Estimate the World Wide Install Base

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can we Estimate the World Wide Install Base
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 09:36, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> I used to have figures. Those were estimates based on taking the mail
> logs from the Planet/Energis mail systems

What I forgot to add, is that those figures were probably not badly
skewed, although doing the tests from an exim based ISP probably
inflated exim's importance a little - however a lot of the UK ISPs were
also exim users (BT, Demon (partially) and several others).

However if I tried doing the same thing from the only box that I have
that does significant mail throughput - exim.org - the figures would be
so skewed as to have no credibility - oddly enough since the exim lists
are the biggest things on exim.org the MTAs that it talks to are often
various versions of exim. :-)

    Nigel.