[Exim] syntactically invalid argument(s): DI-624+

Author: marc-nospam
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] syntactically invalid argument(s): DI-624+
Hi
I am just rolling out a new implementation of EXIM 4.30 on a redhat 9
machine (including sa-exim 3.10) based on the RPMs

In trying to test, retest and further test the configuration, I noticed
I was getting the following reject message from my wireles router when
it tries to send its log file to marc on this server.

2004-01-31 18:58:28 rejected HELO from fw [192.168.0.1]:1252: syntactically invalid argument(s): DI-624+

From what I can see, it has is complaining about the device name - which
unfortunately I can't seem to change OR make fully qualified.

Any suggestions on an acl I can add to allow mail from this ignorant
device :) I have tried adding an acl based on

accept host = 192.168.0.1
    verify = recipient

but I still get this message AND of course fail to get the logs from the router.

thanks
<m.>

remove -nospam to reply by email