Re: [Exim] syntactically invalid argument(s): DI-624+

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] syntactically invalid argument(s): DI-624+
> > 2004-01-31 18:58:28 rejected HELO from fw [192.168.0.1]:1252:
> > syntactically invalid argument(s): DI-624+
> > From what I can see, it has is complaining about the device name -
> > which unfortunately I can't seem to change OR make fully qualified.
>
> Wow, that's a particularly stupid bit of equipment on the other end then -
> if it has a broken HELO *and* you can't even fix it!

It might be helpful to contact the manufacturers support for a new
firmware image, which may be available by now. The above HELO string
may be caused by the access point trying to mail logs.

If you hate this device for its HELO string, then watch out for endless
retries: Number one are 18936 failed attempts with HELO "DI-614+" from
a single dynamic IP just yesterday. :-(

Michael