Re: [Exim] Big SPAM-Problem

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Jens Strohschnitter, EXIM Official Maillist
Subject: Re: [Exim] Big SPAM-Problem
At 8:30 am +0100 2004/02/02, Jens Strohschnitter wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I hope this message is on the right list, because we have a real big
>SPAM-problem.
>Someone sends with our Domain eMail-attacs to any server in the
>internet and all
>failing messages comes back as errormessage to our mailhost.
>So our mailhost has over 500 failingmessages from sender "<>" to an
>unknown user
>like "68758esw@???". What can I do to block those messages ? And

[...]

well, if you do not check the recipient at smtp time tough luck!
Since MyDoom started we've had about 400 rejected <> senders, a
handful because the scored too high in our spam filters (mainly
dnslists, but also HELO and other checks), the bulk simply because
addressed to unknown users.

I would not call that a big SPAM problem! If you have a secondary MX
that cannot check the local part in your domain(s), then get rid of
the secondary MX, it is of no much use anyway..

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/