Re: [Exim] Big SPAM-Problem

Author: Jez Hancock
To: Jens Strohschnitter
CC: EXIM Official Maillist
Subject: Re: [Exim] Big SPAM-Problem
On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 08:30:42AM +0100, Jens Strohschnitter wrote:
> I hope this message is on the right list, because we have a real big
> SPAM-problem. Someone sends with our Domain eMail-attacs to any
> server in the internet and all failing messages comes back as
> errormessage to our mailhost. So our mailhost has over 500
> failingmessages from sender "<>" to an unknown user like
> "68758esw@???".

This is 'collateral' spam - this link might be of interest to you:

http://www.ja.net/mail/junk/collateral.html

> What can I do to block those messages ?

Not a lot really since the way in which bounce messages are crafted vary
from one server (admin) to another, so filtering is difficult. As
another poster mentioned the best strategy is to disable any catchall
aliases you have in effect for the affected domains.

--
Jez Hancock
- System Administrator / PHP Developer

http://munk.nu/