Re: [Exim] too many connections

Author: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] too many connections
Hello,

> Check out 'smtp_accept_max':
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec.html

I'm not really sure how to use it. smtp_accept_max is an integer, that's
easy. But smtp_accept_max_per_host is of type string, expanded. If
smtp_accept_max_per_host is set, is smtp_accept_max still the upper
limit of all connections? I don't need string expansion for
smtp_accept_max_per_host, can I simply use smtp_accept_max_per_host = 10
or so? What if I'm setting smtp_accept_max_per_host to 50 and
smtp_accept_max to 10, will each host still be able to open 50
concurrent connections or maximum 10 in total of all hosts?

Regards
Marten