Re: [Exim] Problem with routing messages

Author: Stephen Gran
To: 'exim-users'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with routing messages
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:21:41PM -0500, Eli said:
> You should make sure that all your routers have a "domains = " condition to
> them so that they only verify accounts they know about. It seems (now with
> more info) that you have a router that is verifying based on just the local
> part, ignoring the domain portion completely. Fix that router up (you can
> run exim -bd -d and then send an email to steve@??? and see which router
> validates the address) and your problem should go away :)

Yes, that was the problem. Thanks for helping me work that out.

Note to Andreas Metzler:
Would you mind putting a domains = +local_domains into the local routers
for exim4? It would be helpful to avoid other people running into the
same issue I had.

Thanks,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Be careful of reading health books, you |
|  steve@???             | might die of a misprint.   -- Mark      |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Twain                                   |