Re: [Exim] Deny messages from unknown local users

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Deny messages from unknown local users
Hi Mumtaj, on Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:05:16 +0000 you wrote:

> I am getting LOTS of emails from <unknown_username>@mydomain.com. Some
> sort of spamming going on out there.

Yes, I've had a few too. Not sure if it's the fallout from one of the
recent worms. However, what I've seen a massive increase in is e-mails
*to* <randomuser>@various.domains . I'm very glad I've migrated a few
people off "catchalls" recently.

> Can I verify the sender for local deliveries atleast? Any configuration
> that can help me verifying the users from local domains??

If you have verify = sender set, that should in itself do the check. If
the sender is claiming to be from a local domain, then Exim will determine
whether the given local part is valid, according to the normal routers
that handle the domain in question.

Tim