Re: [Exim] BIG whitelist_from for Spamassassin

Author: Tim Jackson
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] BIG whitelist_from for Spamassassin
Hi Mark, on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:47:19 -0600 you wrote:

> I would prefer to have a seperate list than my stock one
> (/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf).
> Does anyone know if I can refer in it an external file? Thanks!

This is an SA question rather than Exim really, but since Dennis Davis
from this list pointed me in the right direction on this exact topic
yesterday: yes, just split stuff into a separate file called something.cf
and put it in /etc/mail/spamassassin. When you restart SA, it will be
parsed. Funky.

Actually, whilst I'm on that topic, and referring back to something I
mentioned as long ago as last July/August (when there was one of the other
big virus outbreaks), if anyone's fed up with all the bogus "you sent us a
virus" mails, you might be interested in my list of SpamAssassin rules
which catches most of them. You can download it here - again, just drop
into your /etc/mail/spamassassin (or equivalent) folder:

http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/bogus-virus-warnings.cf

(Any contributions to catch ones that slip through the net are welcome!)

Tim