[Exim] 451 Could not complete sender verify callout

Author: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] 451 Could not complete sender verify callout
We use a server on our campus to send out email to suppliers and
creditors of the university. A problem that we have this year is that
a lot of messages fail with the error message in the subject line.
That was not the case last year.

I suspect that email administrators are using stricter measures to
verify senders in order to counter spam.

There are to many cases to make it a worth while effort to contact
those system adminstators.

Is there something I can do in my exim setup that can help avoiding
these errors?

Here is an example of the headers of such a message: