RE: [Exim] Setting the envelope to the From: content

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Eli
Para: 'Steinar Bang', exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] Setting the envelope to the From: content
I know why you might want to do this - your users are sending email through
formmail scripts on your system (or just locally generated messages), and
the sender envelope is the account of your webserver - or the domain of the
server isn't a domain your users can get email at, so the sender envelopes
are invalid (which isn't all that great - sender verification fails for
these addresses and such).

I had the same issue, and I figured since I can track spammers very well on
my systems, I don't mind rewriting the sender envelope to be the From:
address.

Add this to your rewrite section:

*@$primary_hostname             $rheader_from:                  F

That will rewrite the sender envelope address for locally generated emails
(the *@$primary_hostname ensures that) to the From: header specified in the
email. It's a security risk indeed, but if you can track misbehaving users
down properly, then it should be OK to do this.

Eli.