Re: [Exim] Running queue on a different machine?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: CJ Kucera
Para: Blaine Simpson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Running queue on a different machine?
On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 04:31:42PM -0500, Blaine Simpson wrote:
> I would suggest as a safer and more reliable alternative, to set up
> a new transmitting server like you are thinking, but instead of
> copying or sharing files (both alternatives entail non-trivial
> synchronization issues), just have your existing receiving server
> forward as if the transmitting server were a smart host. I.e., set up

Thanks for the response; I think I'm actually looking for something else
a little different... The problem that we're seeing right now is
that the queue is just continuing to grow, and our queue runners on
the mail mail queue just aren't keeping up with demand. So what
we were considering doing is restarting exim to use a new, completely
fresh, unused queue directory, and then move the old queue over
to a different machine to just do a simple one-time process run
through the queue. The second machine would only run that old
queue; it wouldn't be queuing up any new messages or accepting
anything else into the queue.

It's basically a stopgap solution until we can get an extra set
of controller and drives for the main server.

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy        |  "The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow     |    way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams,