[Exim] Running queue on a different machine?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: CJ Kucera
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Running queue on a different machine?
Hello again list.

Question: Is it possible to take a queue directory from one machine
and have a different machine process it? I ask because we've got
a mailserver which has been having some rather severe performance
problems for some time now. We feel that it may have a lot to do
with disk I/O problems, but the fact remains that we've got a spooldir
that's many gigs large and the queue runners that we run on the server
itself just don't get through messages quickly enough.

Now, most of the messages in the queue are things that have been
Frozen and will probably never get delivered, but we were wondering
if it's possible to take that whole queue directory, ship it off to
another machine, and have that machine run the queue rather than
burdening the main system with the brunt of the processing. I took
a look at the -D and -H files and the only place I saw that actually
references hostnames would be the Received: headers, which would
have a gap in them on account of the queue dir switch, but I think
we could live with that if that's the only problem.

Thanks!

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy        |  "The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow     |    way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams,