[Exim] Issues with Exiscan

Author: Ian Stennett
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Issues with Exiscan
We are currently using exim version 4.10 and we have configured exiscan
within exim.conf as detailed below:-

# Exiscan config settings
# This is used decided whether Exiscan should be activated
# If set to 1, it will always run, in this instance it will only
# run on messages received via smtp

#exiscan_condition = \
#                ${if or {{eq{$received_protocol}{esmtp}} \
#                         {eq{$received_protocol}{smtp}}} \
#                            {1}{0} }
exiscan_condition = 1
exiscan_crypt_salt = mf

exiscan_timeout = 5m

# Always make exiscan run the av software

exiscan_av_condition = 1
exiscan_av_action = reject
exiscan_av_scanner = cmdline

exiscan_av_scanner_path = /usr/local/mcafee/uvscan

exiscan_av_scanner_options = -r -d /usr/local/mcafee/dat |

exiscan_av_scanner_regexp_trigger = Found

exiscan_av_scanner_regexp_description = Found the (.*) virus

exiscan_spamd_condition=1

exiscan_spamd_action = pass

exiscan_spamd_treshold = 7

exiscan_spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783

Exiscan filters and highlights viruses as it should, but it still
on-passes the mail messages. I think the problem lies somewhere in the
configuration of the ACL's, at present we have an acl acl_check_rcpt but
no acl_check_data.
Does anyone have an example setup or some instructions for setting up a
DATA ACL.

Thank you.

Ian Stennett
Information Systems Manager