[Exim] Comments in IP Lists?

Author: Konrad Michels
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Comments in IP Lists?
Hi Folks
As part of my spam fighting scheme, I've got a flat text file into which
I put IP addresses from which I receive spam which has managed to slip
through all my other filters.

Addresses are stored in the format 123.123.123.0/24 or /32 in cases
where I can't confirm allocation of /24 etc etc - you should get the
idea?

Exim reads this file with:
deny    hosts           = /usr/local/exim/internal_list

I was wondering whether or not I can include comments in this file?  IE,
have
123.123.123.123.0/24    # Reason IP address is in here

It would make complaints a lot easier to deal with . . . but I'm not
sure whether Exim will actually respect the comment.

Thanks
Konrad

* Konrad Michels
* IT Manager