Re: [Exim] keying off an ldap attribute and either failing..…

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] keying off an ldap attribute and either failing...
> From: "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad+exim@???>

..[snip]...
> I want to be able to check an attribute in an ldap database that I
> currently use to run my exim mail system. I have an attribute on each
> record that specifies whether the account is active or not. Currently
> the attribute exists but is not being checked. I would now like to turn
> on checking of that attribute and if it is set to N then I want to
> return a failure of non-routable and if it is Y I want to continue to
> the next router since at this point there are still several possible
> routers that could be triggered.

Try something like this:
I will helpo you out more if this does not work, but I may need more
information about your configuration....

#Routers Section
ldapaccountactive:
   driver    = accept
   domains   = ...domains to check...
   condition = ${if eq{
    ${lookup ldap{user="..." pass="..." \
    ldap://..server..:389/shireNetAccountname=${quote_ldap:$local_part},\
    shireNetDomain=${quote_ldap:$domain},dc=shire,\
    dc=net?shireNetAccountActive?one?}}}{Y}{true}fail}
   transport = local_delivery (or whatever you are using)
   no_more
..Other Routers go below this one....

> ldapaccountactive:
>    driver = smartuser