Re: [Exim] Misplaced PID

Author: Sander Smeenk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Misplaced PID
Quoting Doug Jolley (ddjolley@???):

> I have compiled exim with PID_FILE_PATH=/etc/exim/exim.pid. However,
> the pid is still showing up in the exim-daemon.pid file located in the
> spool directory. In all other respects, Exim seems to be behaving
> quite well. Anyone know why the PID file is being misplaced?

Most probably because Exim wants to write the PID file as the user Exim
is running under. On recent Debian systems, this user is Debian-exim,
and this user does not have (and should not have...) write permissions
in /etc/exim.

And because Exim couldn't write to the specified PID_FILE_PATH, it
defaults to the spool directory.

Just my 2c.

Sander.