Re: [Exim] Failing Domain

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Failing Domain
On 23 Jan 2004 at 18:28, Terry Shows wrote about
    "[Exim] Failing Domain":

| If you have the time, can you look at the DNS for exxel.com domain and see
| if you see anything standing out that might give an email server a problem
| contacting it. One more point, the other user in question can send email to
| all of my backup MX servers just fine, just not mail.exxel.com.

In the com. zone, exxel.com. is delegated to:

exxel.com. NS ns1.ncinet.net.
exxel.com. NS ns1.pbi.net.

ns1.ncinet.net. authoritatively claims that the only NS record owned
by exxel.com. is:

exxel.com. NS ns1.ncinet.net.

Queries to ns1.pbi.net. are answered with SERVFAIL rather than a
referral as a normal lame server would. I'd guess that's the cause
of the failure.

BTW, in your zone on ns1.ncinet.net. you have two MX records pointing

to mail.exxel.com:

exxel.com. MX 5 mail.exxel.com.
exxel.com. MX 10 mail.exxel.com.

That's worse than useless, delete one of them.

- Fred