RE: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Inter…

Author: SpamTalk
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Internet.
>Outlook can ... use ordinary pop3 and imap

YIKES! MS does not implement the APOP part of the POP3 protocol. IOW, your
users passwords that they login with to get to all your confidential files
behind the firewall are sailing along the internet IN THE CLEAR!

//support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322825&Product=ech

    NOTE: Exchange Server 5.5 does not support the apop command.

//support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322826&Product=exch2k

    NOTE: Exchange 2000 Server does not support the apop command.

There is no APOP KB info for E2003, or even POP3 command lists like those
above,
but I assume it is equally lacking in POP3 encryption.