[Exim] 2 bugs I think

Author: Peter D. Gray
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] 2 bugs I think
Version: Exim 4.30

Bug 1
=====

I think there is a bug with "strip_trailing_dot"
If set to true, it still complains when -f used to
specify the sender

EG /usr/lib/exim -f user@domain. some_address < somefile

fails. I don't thinkt it should do that once strip_trailing_dots
is set.

Bug 2
=====

If -oee is used, exim still exits with a non-zero error
code even though a bounce is generated to the sender
if there is a problem. I can understand that a non-zero
code should be returned if a problem occurs and a bounce
cannot be generated, but if the error is handled by
a bounce, the exit code should be zero. This is causing
me problems.

Regards,
pdg

--

See mail headers for contact information.