Re: [Exim] exim amavisd-new

Author: Simon Lange
To: Kevin Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim amavisd-new
> Simon Lange said:
> [snip]
>>> I would venture a guess that you are not using exim-tidydb to
>>> clear your hints database.
>>>
>>> I don't use amavisd so I'm not sure how it works, but if you remove the
>>> db
>>> files, you are essentially doing what exim-tidydb does.
>> exim-tidydb? what is it? where do i get it? shouldnt it be a part of
>> exims
>> distribution, then i should have it.
>> but what is the source of the described problem. i know the manual fix
>> but
>> id like to understand the source of the problem to avoid future
>> constellations with similar problems. :D
> It is part of the distribution...

have found it ;)

> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_46.html#IX2621

have read it, but i dont see where the solution is. sure it does the same
as i did, but since i have a comon exim installation with standard retry
times THIS shouldnt be a problem.
so why i get this error. whats the source. dealing with the result is one
thing but avoiding the source of the problem is the real solution im
lookin for.

regards Simon

--
- Simon Lange, Neuetorstr 17, 21339 Lueneburg
- Chefredakteur - www.theCENTER.at - netWork