Re: [Exim] exim amavisd-new

Author: Simon Lange
To: Kevin Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim amavisd-new
> Simon Lange said:
>> since a couple of month i have some strange symptoms around here with
>> exim4 and revent amavisd-net running.
>> everything runs fine but suddenly exim defers every mail he gets. no
>> matter if from queue or via smtp.
>>
>> SNIP
>> 2004-01-21 11:11:27 1AjFDv-0007gF-SO == webmaster@??? R=amavis
>> T=amavis defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
>>
>> the only way to fix this by hand is to stop exim; empty the folders
>> /var/spool/exim/db
>> /var/spool/exim/input
>> and starting exim again.
>>
> I would venture a guess that you are not using exim-tidydb to
> clear your hints database.
>
> I don't use amavisd so I'm not sure how it works, but if you remove the db
> files, you are essentially doing what exim-tidydb does.

exim-tidydb? what is it? where do i get it? shouldnt it be a part of exims
distribution, then i should have it.
but what is the source of the described problem. i know the manual fix but
id like to understand the source of the problem to avoid future
constellations with similar problems. :D

regards Simon

--
- Simon Lange, Neuetorstr 17, 21339 Lueneburg
- Chefredakteur - www.theCENTER.at - netWork